Strengthen the marriages at your department with a 2 to 4 hour workshop designed for firefighters and their significant other. Our program combines classroom sessions with hands on firefighting drills the couples perform together.
This session introduces a spouse to the work (and love!) of the fire service while also addressing common marriage challenges for firefighters such as:
- balancing firefighting and family life
- dealing with the stressors of emotionally difficult calls
- staying connected while spending so much time apart
- trusting each other
- communicating well
The hands on activities vary based on the availability of resources in your area (both our resources and yours) but can include:
- suiting up with an SCBA and dragging a charged hose line
- carrying hose packs
- forcible entry simulators
- drywall breaching simulators
- aerial ladder rides / climbs
Couples can participate in as many or as few of the exercises as they are comfortable trying.
Everyone leaves with a packet of information and their Fire Marriage Certification 101 including the cherished "his and hers" HOT for Marriage Challenge Coins.