Welcome to The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work with 24-7 Commitment!
Get Your Copy
With more than a million copies sold worldwide, The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work has revolutionized the way we understand, repair, and strengthen marriages.
John Gottman's unprecedented study of couples over a period of years has allowed him to observe the habits that can make—and break—a marriage. Here is the culmination of that work: the seven principles that guide couples on a path toward a harmonious and long-lasting relationship. Straightforward yet profound, these principles teach partners new approaches for resolving conflicts, creating new common ground, and achieving greater levels of intimacy.
Gottman offers strategies and resources to help couples collaborate more effectively to resolve any problem, whether dealing with issues related to sex, money, religion, work, family, or anything else.
Packed with new exercises and the latest research out of the esteemed Gottman Institute, this revised edition of The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work is the definitive guide for anyone who wants their relationship to attain its highest potential.
Need a copy? CLICK HERE NOW.
In this book, John Gottman looks at 4 predictors for divorce.
4. Stone Walling
These are the 4 horsemen in the apocalypse for the end of days..or divorce. What are three things NOT to say in a relationship?
1. You never...
2. You always...
3. Anything insulting or superior.
Grab your copy today and dive into the Seven Principles of Making Marriage Work. Check out each Chapter module below for a summary on each chapter and be sure to use the resources available in those chapters. Want to talk about these more in depth? Pop over in the Fire Wife Sisterhood group and get a conversation started today.
Watch Dr. Gottman talk about the Four Negative Patterns That Predict Divorce below.
Discover the Principles by Chapter
- Chapter 1 - Inside the Seattle Love Lab: The Truth About Happy Marriages
- Chapter 2 - How I Predict Divorce
- Chapter 3 - Principle 1: Enhance Your Love Maps
- Chapter 4 - Principle 2: Nurture Your Fondness and Admiration
- Chapter 5 - Principle 3: Turn towards each other and not away.
- Chapter 6 - Principle 4: Let your partner influence you!
- Chapter 7 - The two kinds of marital conflict
- Chapter 8 - Principle 5: Solve your solvable problems!
- Chapter 9 - Coping with typical solvable problems
- Chapter 10- Principle 6: Overcoming Gridlock
- Chapter 11 - Principle 7: Creating shared meaning
- Chapter 12 - Afterword: What now?