What is the Rescue Pack Exchange and how does it work?
The Rescue Pack Exchange started as a FirefighterWife.com program and has now expanded to include the entire 24-7 COMMITMENT Family. Members of the Honor Guard or Fire Wife Sisterhood can participate in this exchange where you send and receive a JUST FOR YOU package in the mail. When you sign up, you will be paired with another member (or couple depending on how you register). Once you are given a match, chat with them to find out more about their likes and dislikes so you can get ideas about what things to put in their pack! Let the fun begin and build a special "rescue pack" based on the theme. There is a $10 limit for what you choose to include in the "rescue pack," plus whatever mailing costs are. Be sure to mail it by the mailing deadline, then...wait to receive your own special "rescue pack!" You can take pictures of what you receive and share the pictures, laughs, and love on our Facebook page. Also see what everyone else got in theirs! It's a fun way to get to know other members of the Fire Wife Sisterhood and Honor Guard and get something awesome in the mail that isn't a bill or junk mail! Who doesn't love a special package?!
Guidelines for Participating
* Please be sure you read and understand the Rescue Pack guidelines. Failure to follow guidelines may force us to remove you from future exchanges. These guidelines are to make sure that everyone follows through with their commitment to their Rescue Pack match. No one likes being let down. Emergencies happen, if something comes up and you can no longer send your rescue pack, please use the contact form HERE to let us know. We will gladly find a replacement for you with no problem 🙂
- You must be a Supporting Member of the Fire Wife Sisterhood or Honor Guard. This program is not available to the Fire Wife Sisterhood or Honor Guard Free basic members. Why? It takes a lot of administrative effort from our team to coordinate these and it is a benefit of being a supporter. Too many register for the community for free access but then never reply to an email. We don't want that to happen in our Rescue Pack program. It's about COMMITMENT. And doing what you said you would do. Like signing up for a Rescue Pack Exchange and not letting your partner down. If you are not a supporting member and want more information on the options and benefits, please click HERE. *Small group exchange details will only be posted within Small Groups. Check your Group for details.
- Sign up by Deadline. For 2016, all Rescue Pack Exchanges will happen within our Small Group communities. Watch for details in your small group. (Register for a small group here: 247commitment.org/smallgroups)
- Contact your match when posted ASAP. Please make contact with your match. You are responsible for all communication and swapping information. You will need to provide your mailing address, interests depending on theme and any allergies you may have that your match needs to know about. Also take this time to get to you know your match 🙂
- There is a $10 LIMIT. (This limit is for several reasons, you can build awesome packs for 10 bucks!! A dollar or two over is ok but please aim for $10. If you need some ideas, check out Our Rescue Pack PINTEREST BOARD)
- Mail via PRIORITY MAIL. (Other services that have tracking #s OK but Priority Mail comes with tracking and insurance. If your package is lost or damaged, we will need tracking information to help sort this out. Priority mail also ensures that your package will arrive before the next sign up is open, this is important to not let anyone feel let down.)
- Mail by the deadline. (This is important. This helps with not letting your match down and making sure each exchange has been completed before the next one is open.)
- Participants who do not keep their commitment will not be allowed to participate in future exchanges. If something comes up or you have an emergency, please contact your Rescue Pack match to let them know and also email us at email@example.com.
|Session||Sign Up||Match Posted||Mailing Deadline||SIGN UP Link (Find links in Small Groups)|
|Feb. 1 - Apr. 15 Small Groups||By Feb 29th||Mar. 01||Mar. 20||247commitment.org/smallgroups|
|May 1 - June 30 Small Groups||By May 1||May 3||May 20||Not Open Yet|
|Aug. 1 - Sept. 30 Small Groups||By Aug. 1||Aug 3||Aug 20||Not Open Yet|
|Oct. 15 - Dec. 31 Small Groups||By Oct. 15th||Oct 18||Nov 15||Not Open Yet|
|Dates Subject to Change
*Additionally, there will be in person Rescue Packs for Commitment Weekend attendees only.*
* If your local group has an in person event with 20 or more people, we encourage you to set up your own in person Rescue Pack exchange at least once during the year as well.*
- 24-7 Commitment Supporter Exchanges -
Must be a supporting member or higher of 24-7 COMMITMENT to participate. If you click this button and it says "you don't have access"
this means your subscription level does not include Rescue Packs.